Monday, September 27, 2010

Tiny caramel apples

Caramel apples are one of my favorite things to eat. When I was at Whole Foods this weekend, I saw these tiny apples. I actually thought they were cherries at first! They are crab apples, super tart and super tiny. I just had to buy some to see if I could make tiny caramel apples. So this morning, this is what I made.

In this picture, you can't really tell how tiny they are.

Looks just like a regular apple but with a huge stem.

Beautiful tiny things.

Just ignore the unmanicured fingernails and rough hands. Who has time for that anyway? I sure don't. I can barely take these pictures with a 1 year old tugging on my legs for me to carry her.

Oh you are so cute, I could just pinch you!

I melted a few caramel square in the microwave for about 45 seconds and added a bit of water until I got the consistency I wanted and dipped the apples.

So tiny!! So cute! I can barely stand it!

mmmm. But I need to eat more than one to satisfy my caramel apple craving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SOOOOOO Sweet - every thing-the hands,the apples ,the caramel !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails