Monday, May 10, 2010

Eggs and sandwiches

I hope all you mother's had a wonderful day yesterday. I had brunch with my family. It was potluck. I decided to make mini sandwiches and eggs.

i used mini bagels to make a cheddar cheese sandwich.






I saw several people of Flickr make these chick eggs during Easter and thought they were so cute! The beaks are made from carrots and they eyes from black sesame seeds. What you see on mine aren't black sesame seeds though! They are burnt sesame seeds! I only had regular sesame seeds so I burnt them in the toaster oven to make them black! hahaha! of course then they were really hard to work with because they were fragile pieces of coal.

I cut the bottom of the egg slightly so that the egg wouldn't roll over.


2 comments:

kimbalaya said...

How cute!!!

sunshine said...

They were very cute! Thanks for your creative and yummy contributions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails