Thursday, August 14, 2008

Flower cake for my niece

One of my nieces starts kindergarten next week. i made this little 4 inch chocolate cake for her. it has chocolate fudge filling, covered in buttercream. i'm still struggling with making the cake smoother and learning how to use the different tips, plus keeping my hand steady. i think it will be easier if i make my own icing since store bought icing is so soft. but for now, store bought icing will have to do just because it's cheaper. i used 2 tips i've never used before, the one to make "grass" and one to make "leaves". i definitely need more practice with making leaves.




the cake says "have fun at school Emeline"

1 comment:

sunshine said...

Awwww! That is so sweet and pretty! Can't wait to try a piece tomorrow! I won't tell her so it will be a surprise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails