Saturday, July 26, 2008

Chocolate cake

I made a couple of 6 inch chocolate cakes last night as a thank you gift for some friends.

This was the prettier of the two. Even though this cake is smooth, it's quite messy. I think a mistake i made was that i used the gigantic tip for the border and I was running out of icing. in addition to that the buttercream was melting. I can't wait to try this again.

Thank you all for your recommendations on how to make a smooth cake. I think with just a bit more practice and using a lazy susan, my cakes will improve even more.

4 comments:

sunshine said...

I want some chocolate cake now!!!!!!!

Mama Bear said...

The cake looks decadent!!!!!! Yummy!

Natalie said...

Wow! Looks fab!

maybe strawberry said...

thanks guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails