I had some extra dark chocolate and decided to make brownies from it. i had lots, so i quadrupled this recipe. it was almost too big for the pan i baked it in. i have never made brownies from scratch so this was exciting.
p.s. since the recipe was quadrupled, i baked it for 40 minutes, which was just a bit too long. Next time i'll bake it for 36 min. and also i used whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch square pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies set up. Do not overbake! Cool in pan and cut into squares.